istole.it - An open tracker project
istole.it is a bittorrent tracker free for anyone
to use. You don't need to register, upload or index a torrent anywhere,
all you have to do is to include the istole.it tracker URL in your
How does it work?
When you create a torrent file the application will ask you for a
tracker address, then simply type in istole.its tracker URL:
Are there other open bittorrent trackers?
Yes! We encourage you to use multiple trackers, this will increase your torrents accessibility. OpenBitTorrent, Chaos Computer Club and PublicBT are another free, no strings attached, stable bittorrent set of trackers.
Why use the istole.it tracker?
There are only a few open independent stable trackers out there, most of the
trackers that can be used openly are either unstable or in some way
connected to a bittorrent indexing site. We felt there was a need for a
free, no strings attached, stable bittorrent tracker.
Why the need for an open bittorrent tracker?
There are many reasons, the most important ones includes:
- You only want a single or a very small number of torrent files and
don't know how to run a tracker or don't want the mess of setting up
your own tracker for just these few torrent files.
- Most people don't have their own servers. They just have space on
different blogging services and so on and simply don't have anywhere to
run a tracker.
- Many people have limited space on their blogs/forums/webhosting, so
if you want to make larger files available online, bittorrent is a
great choice! When you don't have to go through the hassle of running
your own tracker, more people will have access to this technology!
We kindly ask you not to use the ISI trackers in torrents
resulting in unauthorized distribution of copyrighted files (movies,
music, games and so on).
If you want to add ISI to a massive amount of torrents, you must ask us first.
Don't add ISI as the default tracker when torrents are uploaded on your site without our written consent.
I already have .torrent files, how can I add your tracker?
- For one or a few torrent files you can use a simple torrent editing service like Torrent Editor
- If you have a few more torrents, you can look into torrage.com or zoink.it which have nice simple API systems to cleaning up trackers.
You mentioned donations, how can I help?
How can I remove an info_hash from the tracker?
A few pointers to people considering sending DMCA takedown notices:
- We do not have any content.
- We are not a bittorrent site, we are just a tracker, we can not see what content is behind an info_hash.
- We don't have any torrent files, a BitTorrent download CAN NOT be started without a torrent file.
- We can't give you any IP addresses in any other way than normal tracker usage.
- We don't have any logs or ways to trace previous connections, It's
not technically possible to trace connection history due to the sheer
volume of connections. The only information that is possible to keep is
the current torrent swarm.
So what should you as a content owner do? First off, contact the
indexing site where the torrent download originated from and ask
them nicely to remove the listing and the .torrent file!
After that you can send a request to get the info_hash blocked from
the tracker. To get a info_hash blocked you as the rightholder
must send us a e-mail with the following information:
- The info_hash you want blocked (40byte HEX).
- The url to the .torrent-file (or include the .torrent-file itself in the e-mail) so we can verify the info_hash.
- All documents required under the DMCA to prove your rights to the content.
if any of this information is missing we can not verify or process your request.
Please send the blocking request to this e-mail: dmca (at) istole (dot) it